Comiccon came and went, and my body is still paying the price. Between the miles of convention floor walking, the nights out with friends, and the days shuffling around the Gas Lamp District, it’s safe to say I’m ready to take a 360-day vacation from SDCC. A few things I learned this year:
- My friend Shawn has a lovely singing voice.
- Moscow Mules could be the greatest thing ever.
- Married dudes love talking about all the women they’d be hooking up with if they were single. (AKA Hypothetical Player Syndrome)
- Weird Al has recorded about 123,847,844 songs and I’ve now heard every one of them.
- The mere presence of Meagan Fox is enough to sap the cool out of me and my entire group of friends.
- The Rock’s greatest one-liner could be “Fucking centaurs.”
So, on to the scavenger hunt. Thanks to all who submitted ideas through twitter, the blog, FB, etc. It definitely helped get me onto the convention floor more, so I’ll be doing it again next year. There are a few I couldn’t post here because apparently videos are a pain in the ass, but here are the rest:
@VernaVernisa asked me to find someone with a kilt, fedora, and katana. Couldn’t find anyone with all three, but here’s a random guy in a true kilt:
Had a few people ask me to find cosplay from Watchmen, and I was determined not to run to the Rorschach well. I think this guy nailed it as The Comedian.
“Find Kevin Conroy.”
“Find Jar Jar Binks.” – I had fun with this one.
“Find Deadpool.” I wish I could post the video I tweeted of the Deadpool dance-off. Trust me on this one – it was awesome.
“Find a cast member from The Avengers.” Here they are! Yep, gaze upon the splendor of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Sammy L! (cut me some slack on this one!)
“Find the Insomniacs.” Here’s Mr. Ryan Schneider at the Sunset Overdrive area.
“Find Troy Baker.” Found him. And his hair was magnificent as usual.
These weren’t on the scavenger hunt but I thought they were worth sharing.
To the follower who asked me to get Ken Levine’s thoughts on seamonkeys, he decided not to attend the show because of something he called a “deadline.” He must be writing some little indie movie or something. But fear not! I reached out to him anyway, so I’ll post whatever response he provides.